Head of School Elizabeth McGregor often shares reading recommendations with our parents on raising and educating girls and other topics relevant to our community. What you may not know is that for years she has had a bookshelf of children’s books and other lending texts in the vestibule of her office.
With the help of Stephanie Bolton, librarian, Tsia Harris, assistant librarian, Dr. Jessica Bremmer, English department chair, and a number of enthusiastic student readers, we are now literally extending this book lending into the path of our community! In the spirit of the Little Free Library Movement (whose motto is “Building Community, Sparking Creativity, and Inspiring Readers”) we are introducing Our Little Lending Library, located just outside of Elizabeth’s office (on the Foreman Courtyard opposite the Performing Arts Center.)
Please stop by and borrow a book, lend a book, and let Elizabeth and her reading colleagues know what you think of the concept and the book selections! First up – an assortment of engaging books that expand the theme of empathy and connection, our themes for the year.
How to Use Our Little Lending Library!
- Anyone can take or contribute books to our Little Lending Library book-sharing box!
- You can take a book or leave a book! The more the merrier!
- If you take a book (or two) from the Library, you do not need to return that exact book. But in order to keep the Little Lending Library full of good choices for our whole community, either return the book when you are finished to expand the conversation at Westridge or bring a few other books to share.
- Books do not have to be new, but they must be in good condition.
- Little Lending Library book exchanges function on the honor system; everyone contributes to ensure there are always quality books inside. This way, we all benefit!
- If you have any questions about the Little Lending Library and the book selection, please see Mrs. McGregor (head of school), Ms. Bolton (librarian), Ms. Harris (library assistant), or Dr. Bremmer (English department chair).
- Happy Reading!
For more details, go to Little Free Library https://littlefreelibrary.org/faqs