Westridge School is committed to enrolling a strong, diverse student body that reflects the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the Greater Los Angeles area. To make Westridge accessible to qualified girls, more than $2.4 million in financial aid is allocated each year.
We believe diversity in all its forms is a vital component of a thriving learning environment and brings needed balance and depth to all intellectual endeavors.
Diversity of thought, background, and experience benefits the entire Westridge community and exposes our students to broader perspectives and critical thinking opportunities that prepare them to live lives of impact as compassionate leaders and good citizens of the world.
Tuition & Fees
* Fees cover educational expenses such as classroom, laboratory and art supplies, PE and athletic uniforms, yearbooks and other student publications, commencement exercises, and all field trips except Interim and Discover Week. Exceptions include some Upper School books, uniforms, and lunches sold at school.
Financial Aid at Westridge
All of Westridge’s tuition assistance is need-based and in the form of awards that do not need to be repaid. Westridge offers financial assistance to families who meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- An academically strong student applicant who will make a significant contribution to the Westridge school community through her talents and personal attributes as determined by the Admission Committee.
- A demonstrated financial need as evaluated by the third-party system Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST) and the Westridge School Financial Aid Committee.
Westridge does not offer merit-based scholarships for academics, athletics, or other endeavors. All awards are based on the demonstrated financial need of families.
For the 2020-2021 school year, the deadline for prospective families to apply for financial aid is February 1, 2021. Financial aid applications for new families, along with 2019 tax returns, are due on this date. Families will be given their financial aid award when they receive their offer of acceptance to the school.
If you have further questions regarding financial aid or payment plan information, please contact Kim Cota, Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626.799.1053, ext. 266.
Costs Above Tuition
Westridge aims to ensure all students can fully participate and engage in the Westridge experience. To this end, financial assistance may be allocated for the few costs above tuition to families receiving financial aid. Westridge seeks to partner with families and have an open dialogue about any areas of financial concern.
NEW STUDENT FEE (One-time, non-refundable)
Per Student $1,500
BOOKS AND UNIFORMS (Not included in tuition and fees)
Cost of books per year ranges from $150-$400 (Upper School students only)
Typical cost of new uniforms $235
STUDENT TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES
All students in grades 9-12 participate each year in Interim, a student experiential learning week that may include travel within Los Angeles, the United States, or abroad. Families receiving financial aid for tuition may request financial assistance for these trips.
Middle School students (grades 7-8) participate in one class trip each year to various in-state locations, with costs ranging from $750-1250 per trip.
Westridge offers three tuition payment plans:
- One payment due July prior to school year
- Two payment plan due July and January
- Monthly 10-payment plan starting in May