Tuition & Financial Aid
Westridge School is committed to enrolling a strong, diverse student body that reflects the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the Greater Los Angeles area. To make Westridge accessible to qualified girls, over $3 million in financial aid is allocated to approximately one quarter of our families each year.
We believe diversity in all its forms is a vital component of a thriving learning environment and brings needed balance and depth to all intellectual endeavors. Diversity of thought, background, and experience benefits the entire Westridge community and exposes our students to broader perspectives and critical thinking opportunities that prepare them to live lives of impact as compassionate leaders and good citizens of the world.
Tuition & Fees
* Fees cover educational expenses such as classroom, laboratory and art supplies, PE and athletic uniforms, yearbooks, and all field trips. Fees do not cover Upper School Discovery Week trips and Middle School class trips, uniforms, lunches sold at school, and some Upper School books.
Financial Aid at Westridge
For the 2023-2024 school year, the deadline for prospective families to apply for financial aid is February 1, 2023. All of Westridge’s tuition assistance is need-based and in the form of awards that do not need to be repaid. Westridge offers financial assistance to families who meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- An academically strong student applicant who will make a significant contribution to the Westridge school community through her talents and personal attributes as determined by the Admission Committee.
- A demonstrated financial need as evaluated by the third-party system Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST) and the Westridge School Financial Aid Committee.
Westridge does not offer merit-based scholarships for academics, athletics, or other endeavors. All awards are based on the demonstrated financial need of families.
Download our Guide to Financial Aid at Westridge
Learn more about financial aid practice at Westridge in this overview that covers everything you need to know about our financial aid application and evaluation process.
Costs Above Tuition
It is our goal that all students are able to fully participate in the holistic Westridge experience. To this end, families receiving financial aid may receive additional funds for the few costs above tuition and fees. In our work to make Westridge as accessible to as many students as possible, we value open dialogue with families regarding any areas of financial concern.
NEW STUDENT FEE (One-time, non-refundable)
Per Student $1,500
BOOKS AND UNIFORMS (Not included in tuition and fees)
Cost of books per year ranges from $150-$200 (Upper School students only)
Typical cost of new uniforms $235
STUDENT TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES
All Upper School students (grades 9-12) participate each year in Discovery Week, a student experiential learning week that may include travel within Los Angeles, the United States, or abroad. Middle School students (grades 7-8) participate in one class trip each year to various in-state locations. Families receiving financial aid for tuition may request financial assistance for these trips.
- Does Westridge offer tuition payment plans?
- Should I apply for financial aid when I apply for admission?
- What information am I required to submit with my financial aid application?
- What if my tax information is not ready by the financial aid application deadline?
- Do I need to reapply for financial aid each year?
Ready to apply?
Get started by completing the Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST) application online.