Westridge Alumnae Board
Westridge Alumnae Board members pictured (front row from left) include: Senior Class President Jane Horner, Rebecca Synott, Teri Wilde, Board Chair Emily Ko Wang, Shahbano Nawaz, Lynn Tsuboi Saito, and Liz Seitz DeRobertis. Back row: Vice Chair Emily Miller Karlekar, Tara Friedlander Dunlap, Karen Huante, Dhari Balvin Thein, Andrea Mills, and Monica Oller. Not pictured: Dana Icaza Banta, Jennifer Heintz Lulla, Michele Shibuya, Catherine Christian Schultz, and Kay Swan.
The Westridge Alumnae Board is the leadership group of the Westridge Alumnae Association and is focused on promoting the school's statement of purpose and strategic goals through its annual programs, special events, and fundraising efforts.
Alumnae Board members are invaluable to the Westridge community, providing leadership and demonstrating the rewards and responsibilities of being involved and contributing Westridge alumnae. By helping to create and coordinate numberous alumnae programs and activities, Westridge Alumnae Board members play an essential role in connecting alumnae to one another and to the school.
Board membership is designed to reflect the alumnae body as a whole and to respond to the changing needs and interests of both Westridge School and its alumnae.
Welcome Home, Westridge Alumnae
Letter from Alumnae Board Chair, Emily Ko Wang '93,
and Vice Chair, Emily Miller Karlekar '95
Welcome to a new year at Westridge!
Your 2017-2018 Alumnae Board is grateful for the continued opportunity to serve a remarkable community of Westridge women. Inspired by this year’s convocation speech, “Our Search for Wellness and Balance,” given by Head of School Elizabeth J. McGregor, we invite our alumnae, amid the endless busyness, to stop and take a breath to reflect and connect over our shared Surgere roots. Throughout the year, Westridge School will share tips for Wellness and Balance, and we encourage you to share your ideas with us as well. In addition, we will continue to bring you opportunities to connect with the Westridge community.
Pause and Reflect
- Meet fellow alumnae and hear their stories. Their experiences give us the precious opportunity to pause and reflect on our own Westridge memories and the significant ways in which we were shaped by our time at 324 Madeline Drive.
- Attend a class reunion for a trip down memory lane together. Share your news with alumnae near and far in Surgere’s Class Notes.
- Visit our beautiful campus and witness how the important and influential work of Westridge continues in today’s girls.
Connect and Help
- See old friends and meet new ones at Westridge Alumnae Readers Book Club meetings, networking events, regional gatherings, and our annual Alumnae Weekend festivities!
- Join Westridge Connect to help provide Westridge women with mentoring, networking, job and internship opportunities, and give a warm welcome to new students and those who are relocating to your area.
- Give to the Annual Fund to support the Westridge difference that is seen by the empowering education girls receive today and by the lasting impact of a Westridge education, as seen through our alumnae.
- Help secure Westridge excellence for future generations of girls to come with a gift to our Endowment.
Westridge alumnae span many generations and follow diverse paths, and yet upon reflection, our stories are often the same: By teaching us to be our best, bold selves, Westridge has made us who we are today.
Emily Ko Wang '93
Alumnae Board Chair
Emily Miller Karlekar ‘95
Alumnae Board Vice Chair
Emily Ko Wang '93, Chair
Emily Miller Karlekar ’95, Vice Chair
Dana Icaza Banta '01
Liz Seitz DeRobertis '94
Tara Friedlander Dunlap '02
Karen Huante '79
Jennifer Heintz Lulla '95
Andrea V. Mills '72
Shahbano Nawaz '98
Monica Oller '91
Lynne Tsuboi Saito '63
Catherine Christian Schultz '71
Michele Shibuya '86
Kay Swan '48
Rebecca Synott '06
Dhari Balvin Thein '86
Teri Wilde '69
Jane Horner '18 (Senior Class President)